Here at Didgeridoonas we take your privacy seriously.
The below policy outlines our obligations to you in respect to how we manage your Personal Information.
Didgeridoonas is owned by Eagle Outdoors Group Pty Ltd.
- Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Australian Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Australian Privacy Act,
- Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand Privacy Act) and the Information Privacy Principles set our in the New Zealand Privacy Act,
- The Freedom of Information Action (FOIA) of 1967 in the USA, and:
- The European GDPR 2018.
Changes to this policy
Your Personal Information
We identify personal information as any information or opinion about an individual who is reasonably identifiable. We only collect personal information that is directly related to or necessary for the purposes of the operation of our business. The types of personal information we usually collect include; your name, address, phone number, email address and certain internet-related details and other information provided by you or required by us to provide you with the information or services you are seeking from us.
How we collect Personal Information
All personal information will generally be collected directly from you when you inquire, sign up to our newsletter, enter a competition, visit our showrooms, book an appointment, purchase a product, get a quote or contact us via our website and/or through the use of any of our standard forms, via email, by post or through a telephone conversation. The service that you use will determine exactly what information we collect. The personal information may include your:
- Contact numbers (telephone and/or mobile)
- Date of Birth
- Country of Residence
- Driver’s licence number and state/çountry of issue
- Credit Card number(s), expiry date and CCV
- Email address
- Company name and details
- Media – if you upload images to the website.
Purpose of Collection
The purposes for which we collect your personal information is dependent on your interaction with us. But generally, we collect, use, and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- Research, development, management, protection and improvement of our products and services
- Conducting customer satisfaction surveys and informing you of any improvements we have made to our products or services
- Maintaining and developing our business software and systems. We may disclose your anonymous information to other related or non-related organisations including;
- Other companies that form part of the Eagle Outdoors Group Pty Ltd or agents of Didgeridoonas.
- Your company or organisation – if you use our services under a corporate account
- Our contracted service providers
- Credit Card providers
- Credit Reporting and fraud checking agencies – where necessary to register a default
- Debt collection agencies – in the event of your default in payment of monies owed to us
- Government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies – where the disclosure is required or authorised by law
- Dealing with complaints or enquiries; and
- Providing you with information about other services that our related companies, entities and other organisations that we have affiliation with, offer that may be of interest to you
You can opt out of direct marketing communications from us at any time. Except as set out above, we will not sell or transfer your contact details to other parties for direct marketing purposes.
How we use the information we collect
All personal information we collect as outlined above is used for our own marketing. We also use our customer insights to improve our business, products and experiences we offer to others. The collected personal information may be used for a secondary purpose, that is different for from the original reasons for collection. We will only do this in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented
- Where the secondary purpose is directly related to our primary purpose for collecting and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information in such a day
- Where it is permitted or required by law; or
- It is in the interests of public safety to do so.
We store your personal information in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. We take the security of your personal information seriously. We take all reasonable measures to ensure your personal information is stored safely, protecting it from misuse, loss, interference, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures.
We also use standard industry safeguards to ensure the security or personal information through electronic, physical, and managerial procedures. Our employees and contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Although we strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure and we take no responsibility for the security of data transmissions to and from our website and other IT systems.
Seeking Access to, and correcting information
While every effort is taken to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date you may need request access or correction of the personal information we hold about you. To do this you can make a written or email request and we will respond to your request within a reasonable period.
We may decline a request for access to personal information in circumstances prescribed by the Australian Privacy Act, and it we do, we will provide you with written notice that sets out the reasons for refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons).
After receiving your personal information or at any other time that you believe the personal information, we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete, and up to date.
If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will provide you with written notice that sets out the reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons) and provide you with a statement outlining the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
Disclosing personal information overseas
We store your personal information in Australia only.
How to contact us – complaints and feedback
If you wish to contact us, make a complaint, or offer feedback please contact us as set out below and we will investigate the complaint and respond to you.
Eagle Outdoors Group Pty Ltd
31 Commercial Drive, Pakenham, VIC, 3810
(03) 5945 5300
Links to other websites
We provide links to websites outside of www.didgeridoonas.com.au, as well as 3rd party websites. These sites are not under our control and we cannot accept any responsibility for the conduct of companies/businesses linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we implore you examine the terms and conditions of that website and its privacy statement/policy.